Full Length: approx. 90 minutes
Characters: 3 female/1 male
Time/Place: The sidewalk/alley outside a convenience store in downtown LA at night. Time and reality slips back and forth and left and right.
Synopsis: After stumbling across a dead woman lying in the garbage outside a convenience store, Zoe and April are stuck in a waiting game, listening to the 911 busy signal. But when Zoe starts seeing the dead woman talking to her, things spin out of control, and nothing seems quite right.
- Finalist for the Stanley Drama Award, Wagner College, 2014
- Finalist for the Woodward/Newman Drama Award, 2014
- Semi-Finalist for the PlayPenn Conference, 2014
- Semi-Finalist for the Seven Devils Playwrights Conference, 2014
- Semi-Finalist for the Eugene O’Neill National Playwrights Conference, 2013
- Reading with The Production Company, March 2014 (Dir. Dean Bruggeman)
- Workshop with The Vagrancy, January 2013 (Dir. Caitlin Hart)
- Reading with The Vagrancy, Blossoming Reading Series, July 2012 (Dir. Raina Pratto)
This script was developed with The Vagrancy theater company in Los Angeles, CA.
If you are interested in reading the script, please contact Chelsea Sutton directly HERE.